FHA loans are one of the most popular financing methods for California home buyers and mortgage shoppers. This program is well suited for anyone seeking a low down payment and flexible qualification criteria. We offer California FHA loans to borrowers across the Golden State, with an emphasis on the Bay Area.
Contact us today to find out if you qualify, or learn more about the program below.
California FHA Loans: A Popular Mortgage Option
California FHA loans are insured by the government, under the management of the Federal Housing Administration (part of HUD).
As a result of this government backing, the qualification criteria for borrowers are generally less strict than with a “regular” conventional home loan. This is partly why FHA loans are so popular among California home buyers, especially those with credit problems in the past.
The low down payment is another popular feature of this loan program. California borrowers who choose an FHA mortgage can put down as little as 3.5% of the purchase price or the appraised value, whichever is less. That’s one of the lowest down payments you’ll find among any mortgage loan program today.
Benefits of This Mortgage Program
- Generally speaking, it’s one of the easiest mortgage loans to qualify for.
- Qualified borrowers can make a down payment as low as 3.5%.
- FHA loans are assumable, which could be useful if you sell down the road.
- It’s a stable program that has been helping home buyers since the 1930s!
Qualification Requirements at a Glance
- Credit scores as low as 580 may qualify for maximum financing.
- Down payment of at least 3.5% required.
- The home being purchased must be your primary residence.
- Homeowners can refinance up to 97.75% of the home’s value.
We have helped many California home buyers qualify for FHA loans, and we welcome the opportunity to help you as well. Please contact us with any questions you have about this unique mortgage program, or if you’d like to receive a rate quote.
Related resources and articles:
Please note: Bridgepoint Funding is not affiliated with or acting on behalf of or at the direction of FHA, VA, USDA or the Federal Government.